Is this the moment for your digital transformation?
This article talks about some people, organizations and a little paradise that decided to transform themselves into technological giants.
First, yes! The answer to the question in the title is yes! Because right now there are a lot of things that the giants called globalization and technology can do for you, so you can achieve your goals. So, let’s see more about this.
Humanity has been seeing this gigantic level of innovation, of technology transformation and of changes. This movement is an amazing opportunity to grow for you and your organization. But maybe it also could be a gigantic enemy if we ignore it. So, we should take advantage of this good giant.
This is great for our careers, companies, and countries, because we can generate a positive impact in the entire world, in a relatively short time. So we can reap the fruit of our contribution, of course.
This is wonderful! Any country can find a good space in the world economy, a company can offer appropriate products to an almost global market or some professional from a tropical paradise like Costa Rica gives high-quality technical services to the American market.
This provides many tools that can help you. You can find a paid tool that can help you with almost any problem you can have when you are achieving your objectives. Why? Because there are thousands of people creating tools that solve one simple problem.
All this is great because now you can achieve big objectives if you can create the correct strategies for that, because there are a lot of tools you can use, and that’s because the growth of the actual disruptive technologies we can see in our time. For example:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Internet of Things
- Quantum computing
- 3d printing
- Nanotechnology in medicine
- The democratization and consolidation of, for example, Web and mobile development.
- Concepts as, for example, sharing economy, start-up methodology, and user experience.
So, this is our time…your time. Your personal brand can grow to a gigantic height. There are not many reasons why you don’t have a personal Website. Also, are you using for that at least Linkedin, Youtube, and WordPress.com? Are you doing networking?
A lot of professionals have a dream job thanks to the Internet, countries as Estonia, Israel and Singapore are transforming themselves as technological giants and thousands of companies are selling to a global market…because of this. So, it’s possible.
Now, let’s talk about your own startup. Let’s try to innovate and make a change in the world with your own new company. But even if you are a big company or a government institution, you must be trying to innovate for your market so you can continue being relevant in the future.
Let’s see some examples:
- If you are a bank, you must invest in fintech.
- If you are a public institution, you should be trying to apply the startup methodology in your services, so you can optimize them.
- Any kind of big company you may be, probably you should try to invest in innovation and, especially, in use of all the advantages the technology may give you. Because most of your direct and indirect competitors are doing that.
- If you are a church or an NGO, maybe you should invest in using the technology to expand your message.
- Of course you should have a marketing strategy that includes a professional Website, an app, and professional social management. Because obviously, your company needs it. But that’s only a part of what does your organization may need. The innovation must be important for you.
- A good technical example of the minimum digital kit you may have as a big organization:
- You can contract a team that develops for you a well-designed Website, maybe based in a Content Management System like Drupal, receiving people from the appropriate social networks and from searchers as Google and Bing.
- That Website will have a backend hosted in Azure or A.W.S. You will study the data of the database and use I.A. so you can optimize your decisions and your service.
- This backend will be connected with a multiplatform app in Xamarin (I mean, in .net Core, so it works in Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, Linux, SmartWatch, etc), so you can obtain access to the devices of the people you need.
- All of this should include chatbots and give real value.
Let’s go to take advantage of this giant called globalization! To be a good friend and not the prey of the giant. You can also invest in the companies and startups of other people. There are different ways, like with ICO’s, in new companies in Wall Street or as an angel investor.
A good provider:
Another idea is to take advantage of the gigantic potential of growing economies that have the ideal conditions: as political stability, peace, and a high level in education, technology development and professionals but cheaper than in the USA.
The experience shows that the better option of that in all the Americas is Costa Rica, the older democracy of the continent (except the USA). You can contract in Costa Rica a team lead or a complete team.
Costa Rica (rich coast, in Spanish) is not only a natural paradise for medical tourism and the producer of the best coffee. It’s a little giant. Its an ecological but powerful economy, based principally in services and in the development of technology.
From Costa Rica, big companies and even startups export integrated circuits, also medical, spacecraft and aircraft devices, and services as Web and mobile design and development, data analysis and services based in artificial intelligence or blockchain. There are other services, as financial or in education.
So, there are a lot of things that you can do with globalization and technology, so you can achieve your objectives. Please begin to invest time and money to learn more and more in all these things, including in systems and institutions with vision. This is the moment to do it.
Thanks for your time:
May I help you with something? Maybe we can talk about how to invest in the digital world. Let’s talk about these topics if you would like.
Master Efraín G.B.
Entrepreneur, professor, programmer and digital experiences developer.